EARLY January Ghanaians were pleasantly surprised to see the country’s Speaker of Parliament Alban Bagbin dressed in traditional clothing instead of a ceremonial outfit with colonial links.
Press TV talked to Africa Briefing’s Jonathan Offei-Ansah on the significance of this move.
- CIB Egyptian Squash Open 2022 Triumphantly Closes off With the Win of Ali Farag and Hania El-Hammamy
- Bybit Launchpool Lists The Angola Project Governance Token AGLA
- Strong growth in SA extends Talk360 seed funding to $7m
- Does Africa need ‘safari tourists’ disguised as international election observers?
- South African President Ramaphosa and First Lady to be first guests of Britain’s King Charles III at Buckingham Palace
- Zimbabwe calls for some royalties to be paid in diamonds and precious metals
- Op-Ed:The BEAC and CEMAC’s monetary and economic harakiri
- Developing countries call for more focus on ‘human side of nuclear energy’